|5 Months Old||Female||Shepherd Mix||30 lbs|
Need to know…
Very energetic puppy!
|Gets along well||Gets along well||Children 3+ years and older please|
I’m a 5 month old shepherd mix. I weigh approximately 30lbs. I am spayed, vaccinated and microchipped.
Let’s get the boring stuff out of the way first!
– I have been accident free in my foster home. I will go to the door and whine when I need to do my business. Though, foster mom is also on top of me (gosh she can be annoying sometimes) especially after a good bout of play with my foster siblings. In a new home, this may not be the case. You too will need to remain on top of my potty breaks while I adjust to my new surroundings and routine.
– I have two dogs and a cat in my foster home. I get along great with all of them and we love to play. I am learning to be more gentle with the cat. You see, my foster brother Ty and I play rough but foster mom says (again, I say she’s stinkin annoying sometimes) the kitty doesn’t appreciate me bopping him on the head all the time or playing with his tail. Foster mom keeps the leash handy and corrects me. I’m learning and doing really well!
– I do well in my crate and will go in on my own to chew on a bone or a kong. Again, in my new home I could be more fussy as it’s so new to me so please be patient and be aware that the first few nights may be a bit noisier than usual.
– I am a very good girl in the car however if you don’t bring a toy along, I may try to chew on my leash or the seat belts. I usually curl up and fall asleep but sometimes, I like to be a menace. Typical puppy things, you know.
– I have met children however because I am a puppy and I like to chew on ankles and toes and race around like a crazy dog (only sometimes) it is required that children in the home are 3 years or older.
– I walk well on my leash but do occasionally jump up at you to get your attention. I listen and respond well to correction. I get better with every walk. I also have a great sniffer on me.. and will find any 💩 buried in the snow. You might think I’m digging for the heck of it, boy are you wrong. It’s because I smell something and want to eat it! I know it’s gross but I’m also pointing out that peeps need to poop and scoop.. trying to help here!
Let’s talk about my alter ego, Sassafras.
I am very sweet almost 100% of the time but don’t let that fool you. One moment we could be having a snuggle and then BOOM! Sassafras comes out to play and boy does she love to playfully nibble at ankles, toes, and fingers. We’re working on it. It’s all apart of puppy training you see! Also, if I don’t get my way.. I may or may not try to pick up the water bowl and dump it on the floor (true story). I think it’s hilarious but foster mom says it’s not nice. I’m just trying to help her wash the floors, jeez.
I am very energetic (can you tell?) and would love a forever family who likes to go for long hikes. I thoroughly enjoy running, pouncing into snow banks.. anything outdoorsy! I’m not afraid to get my hair wet or my paws dirty.
Anywho, that’s it for today folks. I’m going back out to play with my friends!